What to expect before coming to practice
- Everyone must sign the updated NOVA Running Club waiver (available https://www.novarunningclub.com/club-waiver/ ) before returning to practice. If you forget to do so, you must complete on your phone when you arrive at practice
- Health questionnaire: Everyone will be asked (as a group) prior to starting each practice if you are currently experiencing fever (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher) or a sense of having a fever, a new cough, chills, sore throat, muscle aches, or shortness of breath that cannot be attributed to another health condition, or specific activity (such as physical exercise).
- Members should self-monitor by self-taking of temperature to check for fever and watch for any symptoms, and not come to practice if they feel ill
- We recommend 14 days of no track practice or tempo attendance after travel outside the DC Metro area.
- Masks or cloth face coverings are required while we are gathering at the start of practice and while entering and exiting the track. Masks are not required while running but you can wear one if you feel comfortable and it does not hinder your breathing while running. Members should also keep in mind to carry their mask if they need to enter a building before practice to use the restroom, for example.
During and after practice
- Hand sanitizer will be available at practice
- No spitting, snot rockets etc
- Try to cough into your sleeve or elbow if possible
- Everyone should spread out to a distance of at least 6 feet apart during pre-and post run gatherings
- During the workout intervals, pace groups shall be no more than 10 total, and separate pace groups will be spaced at least 10 seconds apart when starting intervals.
- Each runner should run in single file, each runner starting 1-2 seconds after the runner in front of them, staying in lane 1, passing in lane 3
- All attempts should be made to limit physical contact or close proximity to other persons, to allow for 6 feet of physical distance between all members during practice
- Never block access to the track entrance, exit gates, bathrooms, or around the track. Ensure others have room to get past us while allowing for social distancing
- Everyone brings their own water bottle as no water will be provided at this time; no sharing of water bottles or other personal items (towels, stretching tools, energy gels, etc)
- Practice will start promptly at 6:30 and end officially once the workout concludes. Members are encouraged to cooldown on their own and not linger after practice.
- Avoid personal contact such as handshakes, high fives, hugs, group selfies or close group photos
Communication Guidelines and Expectations
- If you feel ill, or believe you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the prior 14 days, don’t come to practice! Contact your primary care physician or go to an Urgent Care center. Please inform Phil, Jerry, or Erin of your possible exposure to COVID-19.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 and have attended a club activity in the past 14 days, please inform Phil, Erin, or Jerry immediately. Do not return to practice until you have recovered from COVID-19 and received approval from your doctor.
- Club leaders will strictly maintain confidence of members who report exposure and/or test positive for COVID-19.
- If a NOVA member, coach, or guest is reported to have tested positive for COVID-19, all members will be informed (the individual will not be named) and the club will not meet for group activities for 14 days.
- Attendance will be taken at every practice (as always) to allow for contact tracing should a participant become ill
- If your contact information (phone, address, email, emergency contact) has changed since you last renewed your membership, please email Greg Swiatocha to update email@example.com